There’s nothing worse than dry contact lenses. Whether your eyes feel dry, irritated, scratchy or just uncomfortable, don’t let these annoying symptoms ruin your day. If you’ve ever experienced these symptoms, or if you’re considering switching to contact lenses, find out what causes contact lens discomfort and how you can relieve it. Daily or occasional contact use should be comfortable and convenient, not uncomfortable, dry or burry.
What Causes Contact Lens Discomfort?
There are many potential causes for contact lens discomfort. To determine the cause of your specific problem, you first must identify how your contact lenses feel. Are they making your eyes dry? Do they feel like they are scratching your eyes? Are you experiencing blurred vision? Each of these types of discomfort could be caused by a number of factors, including:
- Wearing lenses too long
- Bacteria from improper cleaning
- Dirt, makeup, hair or other debris on your lens
3 Ways to Relieve Discomfort
Many people decide simply to stop wearing contact lenses when the discomfort becomes too much to bear. Fortunately, contact lenses can be comfortable and very convenient, so don’t give up on contact lenses yet. Try these three easy ways to relieve discomfort:
- Eye drops and artificial tears: Sometimes all you need is a little moisture to keep your lenses feeling just like new. If you use traditional eye drops, be sure they are appropriate for use with contacts. Artificial tears are designed to act just like your tears, so they are a great option for dry eyes and are safe for contact lenses.
- Vitamins and other supplements: The discomfort could be caused by your tear production rather than the contact lenses themselves. Consider taking supplements like omega-3 fatty acids or flaxseed oil to improve the oily quality of your tears.
- Choose a new lens type: There’s a fascinating variety of contact lenses available on our site. If your current pair are bothering your eyes, consider switching to lenses specifically designed for dry eyes. Our 1-Day Acuvue Moist 30 Pack and Dailies AquaComfort Plus Multifocal 30 Pack are just a couple of the contacts we offer that do just that. Selecting contacts that can be disposed daily is equally as effective. That way you’ll avoid any possible contaminants or bacteria.
Whether you need new lenses or are convinced that contact lenses are a good option for your sensitive eyes, contact 39DollarGlasses today to find the perfect contact lenses, glasses and more. There’s a wide range of affordable contact lenses available, so you’ll be able to find the perfect pair that can help keep your eyes comfortable and your vision clear.